5th Annual World Open Innovation Conference
Creating New Markets through Digital Tools.
Presenter: Harihara Natarajan, Chief Architect of BlockChain Initiatives;
Nitin Narkhede, General Manager, Emerging Technologies and Innovation
What business models can Wipro experiment as it is getting ready to deploy its newly developed digital technology (AR/VR/AI) “do-your-own repairs tool” that will help people repair their white goods in their homes?
- How can Wipro leverage its B2B ecosystems to deliver the value to individual families.?
- What would the partnership agreements with various ecosystem participants look like?
- What models may work to scale this service globally across national and cultural boundaries?
- How can Wipro encourage entrepreneurship in rural areas for economic development?
- What possible challenges will Wipro face and how could they be addressed?
- What kind of metrics would define and measure success of such transformation initiative?
- What would be the best way to demonstrate the ROI?
Accelerating Innovation In Uncharted Territories
Presenter: Sheherazade Benzerga, Digital Transformation Manager
How can a mobility services firm accelerate internal innovation against uncharted territories in the uncertain times of digital transformation?
- What possible processes, platforms, networks, ecosystems, and social capital are needed to accelerate the process of innovation within the industry through collaboration and coopetition?
- How can open innovation be used to accelerate innovation in highly regulated and compliance driven market, such as autonomous driving?
Accelerating the Internal Innovation Process
Presenter: Alan Walker, Vice President, Marketing & Development
How can Kaneka accelerate internal innovation utilizing a two-sided digital ideation/challenge platform through which it can address its internal and external challenges?
- What design features would create traction and stickiness for Kaneka’s customers, ecosystem partners, academics and government entities?
- How can the digitalized OI platform (interface, functions, etc.) be made easier to collect ideas to resolve challenges quickly?
- What issues do you see, as a user of an OI platform from different perspectives in order to effectively use such OI platform? How could the issues be overcome?
Identifying Customers Pain Points in Real Time.
Presenter: Lindsey Karberg, VP of IT Digital Immersion
What innovative digitally driven design would you suggest for supporting busy physicians and/or patients, to get them relevant, accurate, reliable and real-time information and analysis quickly?
- What does the operating model look like and what digital ecosystem is needed to support the design that may result in time save, cost reduction, revenue generation and customer experience?
- How could architecture of the design be made adaptable as the landscape changes?
- What are your thoughts and suggestions on scaling the digital ecosystem globally across national and cultural boundaries?
Creating Value From Tacit Knowledge
Presenter: Ruchika Mehta, Growth Accelerator Lead, Office of the CTO
How can AMAT leverage its materials engineering capabilities to enter “New” markets with platform extensions powered by collaborations with external ecosystem partners (e.g. Start-Ups, Government, Universities, Peers)?
- How can AMAT address innovation challenges both internally and externally to enter new markets?
- How can AMAT operate in markets that are not completely developed or are in nascent stages (Additive Manufacturing, Personalized Meds)
- What business model innovations could attract partners / vendors / customers who are not yet with AMAT?
- How should AMAT strategically market / communicate its appetite and capabilities to enter new markets?
- Process: Describe a process that is needed to identify the programs that fuel growth in new markets.
- Platforms: How should the platform be designed and structured to protect the Core Proprietary IP
- Ecosystems: Recommend ways AMAT could build sustainable and expansive exosystems.
- Business Models: What new business models does your group suggest that can keep up with lucrative partnerships, while also being relevant to ecosystem partners?
Expanding Markets through Open Innovation in Emerging Economies
Presenter: Baoqiu Cui, VP of AI and Cloud Platform
Xiaomi offers High-Value/Low-Cost/Low-Margin products to all customers segments in emerging markets. This demands severe cost curtailment strategies in manufacturing, operation, advertisement, sales, distribution and servicing of its products. Xiaomi cannot deliver this value alone without an ecosystem to sustain and scale the business. How can the government, corporates and other institutionshelp in creating a win-win for all. Secondly, the rural communities lack the infrastructure (reliable connectivity, power, healthcare, clean water, accessible roads). What must Xiaomi do to serve and expand the market when this infrastructure is lacking?
- How should Xiaomi work with state and local governments to address rural challenges?
- Who would be good local partners for Xiaomi in rural markets? Why?
- What digital transformation opportunities that Xiaomi does not see yet? Provide a list of product enhancements or list of services that may be needed to capture a wider market. How can Xiaomi utilize AI technologies and internet services, which come with Mi smartphones in conjunction with IoT devices, to help rural areas?
- Will a platform approach be helpful to accelerate the expansion in rural markets in India? How should the platform and network effect look like?
- What business models and ecosystems may be relevant to expand the markets under these circumstances?