INDUSTRY AWARDS 2017
The Garwood Center for Corporate Innovation at the Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley is proud to announce the Industry Awards 2017 to be presented at the 4th Annual World Open Innovation Conference, December 14-15, 2017 in San Francisco, CA.
We need your help to identify nominees for the following awards:
- The Start-up Disruption Award
- The Business Model Transformation Award
- Distinguished Contribution to Leadership in Open Innovation
What is Open Innovation
Open Innovation (OI) is the use of purposive inflows and outflows of knowledge to accelerate internal innovation, and expand the markets for external use of innovation, respectively. Through OI, organizations tap into a worldwide network of experts as well as exchange their internal knowledge with others for strategic advantage to create strong ecosystems. This scalable process empowers companies to continually transform themselves.
The Start-up Disruption Award
is for a startup company that is not yet well known but has the potential to become a disruptive player in its market.
The Business Model Transformation Award
is for an established company that has recently:
a) adopted a new business model involving new offerings
b) disrupted itself to restructure its model with existing products
c) expanded into new markets through open innovation collaboration
Distinguished Contribution to Leadership in Open Innovation:
is for global leaders from industry, government or academia:
a) who have applied the principles of open innovation to transform their organization
b) established a new vision or frontier to expand markets that utilize open innovation practices
Important Dates & Contact Information
- Submission deadline: Tuesday, October 31, 2017
- Winners will be announced at the 4th Annual WOIC on December 14-15, 2017.
A panel of judges will review the nominations and select one company in each category. Winning companies will receive complimentary passes to attend the conference, where they will be recognized at an Award Ceremony among their peers.
- Judges participate on a voluntary basis without compensations or incentives
- Judges will treat the names of all submitters and their information as confidential
- Judges will proactively decline to evaluate submissions where a potential conflict of interest exists