Hotel, Travel, Visa
We look forward to seeing you at the 5th Annual World Open Innovation Conference on December 13 – 14, 2018. The information provided below will be useful in planning your trip.
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
The San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront is located at 1800 Old Bayshore Highway in Burlingame, California just minutes from the San Francisco International Airport – between downtown San Francisco and Silicon Valley. The hotel offers a perfect waterfront location with great views of the San Francisco Bay, and provides an inspiring and inviting conference setting.
Hotel rooms are not included in the registration fee. Conference attendees are responsible for their making their own hotel reservation. Conference attendees will enjoy a special discount guestroom rate of $235/night, plus tax.
To make a reservation, book online or call 650-692-9100 or toll free at 1-888-236-2427 and request the group rate for the “World Open Innovation Conference 2018”. Reservations must be made by Wednesday, November 14th to qualify for the group rate. Book early as the room block may fill before the cut-off date!
The San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is located just 1 mile from the San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront. The hotel offers a courtesy shuttle service to and from SFO, which runs every 15 to 20 minutes. For information on hotel courtesy shuttle, alternate ground transportation, map, parking and driving directions, click here.
The weather in San Francisco is generally mild in December with temperatures between 62 and 70 degrees (17 C and 22 C). There can be occasional rain showers. For weather updates, visit the Weather Channel. Dress for the conference is business casual. A warm jacket or raincoat is recommended.
VISA – Frequently Asked Questions
VISA Invitation Letter Requirements
All international visitors should check with his or her local consulate regarding visa and entry regulations. Should a letter of invitation be required to support your visa application, a written request must be submitted to Anita Stephens at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that a letter of invitation can only be issued to registered conference participants.
Include in your email message the following information:
1. Registration payment confirmation email
2. Your full name (as it appears in your passport)
3. Title (Dr., Professor, Mr., Mrs., Miss, Ms., etc.)
4. Registrant type (organizer, chair, co-chair, author, panelist, presenter, speaker, attendee)
6. Full mailing address (where you would like the letter sent)
7. Telephone number (include fax number if you would like the letter faxed to you)
8. Email address
9. The number and title of your paper (if applicable)
10. Date of birth, passport number, issue date, expiry date & country of issue
11. Period of stay (dates)
• You must register for the conference before requesting a letter of invitation.
• Complete one request for each person requiring a visa.
• Submit each request only once.
• Your e-mail address is REQUIRED.
• The original copy of your letter from the WOIC 2017 Conference will be sent via surface mail – please allow enough time for delivery.
• If you wish to pay for your invitation to be sent via international FedEx, you must have your own account with this courier. Please provide your account number. Absolutely NO exceptions will be made to this policy.
WOIC cannot directly intervene with the U.S. Department of State, consular offices, or embassies on behalf of individuals applying for visas.