Hotel, Travel, VisaWe look forward to seeing you at the 5th Annual World Open Innovation Conference on December 13 – 14, 2018. The information provided below will be useful in planning your trip.
San Francisco Marriott
The San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront is located in Burlingame, California just minutes from San Francisco International Airport – between downtown San Francisco and Silicon Valley. The hotel offers a perfect waterfront location with great views of the San Francisco Bay, and provides an inspiring and inviting conference setting.
Hotel rooms are not included in the registration fee. Conference attendees are responsible for making their own hotel reservation. Conference attendees will enjoy a special discount guestroom rate of $235/night, plus tax. Reservations must be made by Wednesday, November 14th to qualify for the group rate.
The online reservation link and
The weather in San Francisco is generally mild in December with temperatures between 62 and 70 degrees (17 C and 22 C). There can be occasional rain showers. For weather updates, visit the Weather Channel. Dress for the conference is business casual. A warm jacket or raincoat is recommended.
VISA – Frequently Asked Questions
VISA Invitation Letter Requirements
All international visitors should check with his or her local consulate regarding visa and entry regulations. Should a letter of invitation be required to support your visa application, a written request must be submitted to Anita Stephens at: email@example.com
Please note that a letter of invitation can only be issued to registered conference participants.
Include in your email message the following information:
1. Registration payment confirmation email
2. Your full name (as it appears in your passport)
3. Title (Dr., Professor, Mr., Mrs., Miss, Ms., etc.)
4. Registrant type (organizer, chair, co-chair, author, panelist, presenter, speaker, attendee)
6. Full mailing address (where you would like the letter sent)
7. Telephone number (include fax number if you would like the letter faxed to you)
8. Email address
9. The number and title of your paper (if applicable)
10. Date of birth, passport number, issue date, expiry date & country of issue
11. Period of stay (dates)
• You must register for the conference before requesting a letter of invitation.
• Complete one request for each person requiring a visa.
• Submit each request only once.
• Your e-mail address is REQUIRED.
• The original copy of your letter from the WOIC 2017 Conference will be sent via surface mail – please allow enough time for delivery.
• If you wish to pay for your invitation to be sent via international FedEx, you must have your own account with this courier. Please provide your account number. Absolutely NO exceptions will be made to this policy.
WOIC cannot directly intervene with the U.S. Department of State, consular offices, or embassies on behalf of individuals applying for visas.